When you come across any fiction writers then you would know that the job of these writers is to provide an easy transition to the readers. The readers should feel that they are actually imagining the things that have been described in the book. When you are reading a book which is based on travel experience then the writers have to make sure that the place is described in a very fascinating way.
Sometimes, you also feel that you are taken to the medieval times, where you would be standing in the middle of the deserted island and even in the fantasy world. In such cases, when you have to describe the places very often, you cannot keep using the same words again and again. It will make your readers being bored and they won’t be feeling it.
You can also find the words that can conjure up by having some of the three-dimensional scenes. Your readers would be more likely to read the book when you are successful in giving them the experience with your words. So you need to use the words that will inspire your readers. A true fact is that the more you read, the more words you would come across.
List of Words and Adjectives used to Describe a Place and City
Now let’s see how different words can embrace the place. You being a writer when you choose words that will allow the readers to understand a writer’s perspective. You can all these places bustling or vibrant. This is quite easy and different and helps you to make the difference.
Let’s move ahead to know about such words which will help you in describing the words:
1. Ancient: The word describes a place that has a rich history and some similar words can be historic.
Example: Do you know that Rome is one of the very ancient cities of medieval times. It was established many years ago.
2. Bustling: The meaning of the word is a place or area that is very crowded or full of busy people.
Some words that have similar meanings are lively, fast-paced and hectic.
Example: Mumbai is a busy and bustling city, You won’t find a single person sitting idle in a corner. It is a city that never sleeps.
3. Charming: It is very simple and you might be knowing about it. Something that is very pleasing and gives a soothing feeling. The words that match with it are delightful and quaint.
Example: Kerala is a very charming place and it is steeped in history.
4. Contemporary: A word that is related to something which refers to modern or very up-to-date.
Example: You must be knowing about Manchester and that it has a very contemporary and modern feeling.
5. Fascinating: The word is usually used to describe something that is very interesting. The synonyms for this word can be captivating and intriguing.
Example: Have you heard of the place Tunis? It is one of the most fascinating places to have a vacation. The place is famous for its rich culture and history.
6. Huge: One of the most used words which describes something that big or enormous. Some of the synonyms of this word are vast, large and sprawling.
Example: A city which is huge and has about thirteen million inhabitants is Istanbul.
7. Picturesque: It is mostly used to describe a place that is charming or very interesting. Something that is beautiful in its own way.
Example: Coonoor and Coorg are places which have picturesque scenery and they are really captivating.
8. Expensive: The word means to describe something which is costing a lot of money. You can also replace the word with pricey, or costly.
Example: Mohan, you might have decided to move to Tokyo but be careful it is an expensive city to live in.
Conclusion: With the knowledge of these amazing adjective words we hope you would be able describe the fascinating places you visit. We at Englishbix are always here to help you, just drop us a comment and we’ll be happy to assist you.